For maths, you will be using the White Rose Maths Home Learning Website.
These are the daily activities you should complete:
Monday 18th May: Activity 1 - Read the three Newspaper Articles
• Read Features to watch out for in a newspaper report (p2)
• Read the three newspaper articles: Zebra, Stage-School and
• Choose one of the articles and make notes on it to show some
of the features.
Tuesday 19th May: Activity 2 - Answer questions about the articles
• Choose two of the articles and answer the Questions for them (p6-8).
Well done! Now, talk with a grown-up about your answers. These are
at the end of the pack.
Wednesday 20th May: Activity 3 - Now for some writing
• Look at the picture titled ‘Next Tuesday’ (p9)
• Plan a newspaper article about this event on Newspaper Article
Paragraph Planner (p10)
• Write your newspaper article, remembering the Features to
watch out for (p2)
These are sentences about vocabulary in the poem, but each sentence needs commas, brackets or dashes.
Thursday 21st May: Draw some pictures that could accompany your newspaper article.
Friday 22nd May: Think of what could happen next Tuesday. What will float next? Make up five ideas, choose your favourite and draw it or write a story about it.